Thursday, March 7, 2013
We did (today and yesterday) a play called the Taming of the Shrew. I was Hortensio. A man named Baptista has two daughters, Bianca, a nice and beautiful woman. Hortensio and Gremio like her but Baptista says they can't marry her until Kathrine, the eldest,a shrew is married.
A man named Petrochio comes to look for a wife. His friend Hortensio tells him of Kathrine, the shrew. Petruchio marries her and takes her home. He gives her no food for two days and finds fault in the beds.He later gambles with other men and call for their wives. In great surprise to the other men, Petruchio wins. So, he tames her into a good wife.
Wow! Your hat and vest are pretty awesome. Did your mom get any of your performance on video? I am very impressed that your class is already learning Shakespeare. Now we will have to watch the episode of Doctor Who where the Doctor and Martha meet Shakespeare!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a fun play. And I agree with Aunt Mindy... great costumes!
ReplyDeleteGood job, Max!
ReplyDeleteThe Taming of the Shrew is a great play and fun to watch. I'm sorry we missed it and hope that you take part in other good plays as well.
ReplyDelete